Monday, July 13, 2009

Our Little Lyla Lou!

So, I finally got around to posting pictures of our sweet, little girl! I know most of you have seen pictures of her on Mandy's blog, but I thought I would put some that you haven't seen up on mine. As you know, she was born on Sunday morning at 6:51. I was scheduled to be induced on Tuesday, but I had a VERY strong feeling she wasn't going to wait that long! Now I know that strong feeling that I was having is called contractions! I had been having them on and off for a few weeks,but nothing ever came of them. I woke up Sat. morning with them, but thought it was nothing. So, Jerid, Layne,and I went to the Elwood's about 3 that afternoon. I decided even if it was something...I wasn't going to sit at home and ponder over it all day! We had a great 4th (I'll post those pics later) and even caught some great fireworks. We got home around 11 and I had noticed that they were getting closer and more painful throughout the night. So, I started timing them and decided that since I had to get Layne to Mandy, it was better to be safe then sorry. We met Mandy along the way and thank goodness she brought Kamryn with her. Once Layne saw Kam, she was so excited to be going home with them! Anyway, we got to the hospital about 2 and less than 5 hours later...she was here!! Everyone is doing wonderful and we feel so blessed to have Lyla join our family. I also want to say thank-you to my sisters and my mom for all of there help...they have been AMAZING! I hope you enjoy the pictures!


Lyla and Daddy!




I love this picture!










I think Layne's face says it all!



All wrapped up and ready to go home...



Layne loves her new job as Big Sister!

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Very sweet photos, I'm glad that everything worked out. She's beautiful, just like her mom and sister.

Annie said...

Love all the photos! I too loved the one with you looking at sweet Lyla. She looks soooo tiny, cherish it because they are chunky monkeys within a few short months. (At least mine are anyway) Can't wait to see more!

Hilary said...

She looks precious. So tiny and perfect! Glad everything went well. Layne sure does look proud! Congratulations on your growing family.

Amanda said...

She is precious!! I love all pics of Layne with her...Layne looks so proud!! By the way, how do you always look so good after having a baby??!!!

Samantha said...

she's cute, layne is cute, YOU ARE CUTE....so happy for ya'll!!! congrats!!