Sunday, February 21, 2010

A Party in Pixie Hollow

Layne celebrated her 3rd birthday on January 30th, but I am just now getting those pictures downloaded. She had been saying that she wanted a Tinkerbell party for many months, so when it came time to plan the BIG day...it was a no-brainer! As a child, I ALWAYS had my birthday parties at home with friends and family. My mom would bake and decorate our cakes and we would have simple decorations...streamers and balloons! I absolutely LOVE how personal it was, so I have tried to create this same atmosphere for my kiddos birthdays. I have always made the cake myself (or with help from my mom). I was not impressed with my work on this particular cake, but it is what it is and hopefully someday Layne will appreciate the effort!! I won't promise that my kid will never have a birthday party outside of our home, but while they're young I hope to continue to keep things simple. My pictures our in reverse order, but I think you can get the idea! Layne had a fabulous time with her cousins, grandparents, and aunts and uncles. Lance couldn't be there of course, but she took time out from the party to chat with him on the phone.

Here's a picture of our smallest fairy right before she fell asleep.

Here's my Bug blowing out her candles...it's supposed to be a giant sunflower with the faires on top in case there was some confusion!

Jerid and I got her the purple princess bike she has been asking for since Santa brought Autumn a pink one!

Here's the gifts Lance got her...101 Dalmations and an outfit. Thanks Lance!



Here is the party...(top) C.J., Reece, Cash, Autumn, Layne, Bella
(bottom) Kamryn, Avery, Carson
Cash was conducting a very important business call!


Here's my sweet, little Tinkerbell...loved the headband and bow "Aunt" Leia!!!








2 comments:

Leslie said...

Don't worry, I had no problem figuring out what the cake was supposed to be =o) It was very cute.

Amanda said...

I think the cake looks great! I knew exactly what it was! It looks like Layne had a great time at her party!!