Monday, February 16, 2009

The Verdict is in...Finally!

We had our ultrasound today and everything went well! The only problem is that Baby Patterson would NOT cooperate!!! The baby had it's legs crossed and was sitting on them. We tried 4 different times to try to find the gender! The lady had me in all sorts of positions!!! Finally, on the last try, our little one chose to reveal itself to us....

We're having a...







GIRL!!!



We are really excited (and would have been either way)! When we ask Layne if she wants a baby brother or baby sister she always says...two of them. I told her that wasn't going to happen, so she always responds with...a girl! She is going to be so excited to have a baby sister! Of course, it's nice because we already have a ton of girl stuff...now all we have to do is come up with a name! Layne's suggestion was "Grandma Doggy". Though I told her we would add this one to the list, I told her to keep brainstorming!!! Hope everyone has a great week!

8 comments:

Samantha said...

congrats!!! will be great for hand-me-downs and playing dolls forever!! poor camden has to recruit palmer to play dress-up!

Leslie said...

That is a lovely shot of your new baby girl. The two of them are going to have so much fun together!

Annie said...

YEA!!!! Ruby will have a best friend! I am super excited, everyone I know who is pregnant or just had a baby has/had boys. I'll have to call you sometime, between my "trying" to nap and staying calm with three kids driving me a little crazy! :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to meet Baby Patterson. And I don't think there is a better name out there then "Grandma Doggy." It's got a bit of a ring to it :)

Hilary said...

How exciting!! I love "Grandma Doggy"! That is too funny, where did she come up with that? I didn't even ask Hollace for help with names after she named her doll Gino. Yes, Gino, like vagina, without the va and with an o. Anyway, glad to hear the exciting news.

Amanda said...

Congratulations!!! Another girl will be so exciting!! Layne's suggestion on the name is priceless!

Unknown said...

CONGRATS! How exciting! Can't wait to hear some names! Layne and baby girl #2 will be such good friends!

Becky said...

You know, with a name like Grandma Doggy she will never meet another kid with her name. You should think about those things. :D Congratulations!